Monday, December 10, 2012

Spiritually Single

A little peak into my journal...

I don't want to be spiritually single anymore. And yet even as I write those words, Your words come right behind, almost tumbling into them: "You aren't and never have been."

Somehow, while my reality remains the same, that little shift in perspective empowers me to live above my circumstances that feel particularly heavy during this season of spiritual traditions I seem to carry alone.

And I don't carry them alone. God is a Husband to the widow and a Father to the orphan and while I'm far from widow or orphan, there is a part of my life that I've been living as a widow, so to speak. This is not to diminish anyone who is a widow or orphan in the truest sense of the word, of course.

The truth of the matter is that God has been leading and guiding all along. He's been my children's Teacher and their spiritual Leader as well as mine. He's been my husband's too, although he may not acknowledge it.

The evidence is in their lives and in mine.  And while my heart cries out for the tangible representation of that leading to be made manifest in my husband's return to faith, I find great peace in knowing that God is leading and guiding our family just as He always has been.

May He open my eyes to the truth of His goodness all around me.

No comments: